Super Audio CD : Music Reproduction As It Was Always Meant To Be
SACD has triggered an outpouring of music by the world's preeminent artists, both past and present. jazz greats like Dave Brubeck, Miles Davis, Herbie Hancock, Milt Jackson, Wynton Marsalis and Oscar Peterson. Classical stars like Emanuel Ax, Glenn Gould, Yo-Yo Ma and Isaac Stern. With the world's finest orchestras under the batons of Leonard Bernstein, Eugene Ormandy, Wolfgang Sawallisch and Bruno Walter.
At Sony, we weren't about to entrust such superlative recordings to anything less than reference-quality playback. That's why Sony created the SCD-XA777ES SACD/CD player. It's designed from the outset to demonstrate the full performance of the Super Audio Compact Disc - and to do nothing less than full justice to your music.
The SCD-XA777ES is the product of a thorough campaign to vanquish even minuscule compromises in sound quality. That's why the player uses Sony's remarkable Fixed Pickup mechanism to minimize servo activity - and the consequent radiation of servo noise. That's why the player incorporates Sony's Dual Discrete™ TI optical pickup - with one laser dedicated to CD, the other optimized for SACD. You get superb readout accuracy for both types of discs. And that's why the SACD playback circuits employ Accurate Complementary Pulse density modulation (ACP) to defeat switching distortion.
There's more. Sony's Synchronous Time Accuracy Controller (S-TACT) is our most effective method yet for suppressing time-base jitter. Our General Impedance Circuit low pass filter achieves amazingly extended frequency response - without using a single active circuit element in the signal path. And Sony's superbly rigid Base & Pillar chassis resists shelf-borne, air-borne and internal resonances alike.
Some may consider this attention to detail excessive. And for the majority of home listeners it probably is. But for the handful whose passion for music is total, for whom there's no such thing as "background" music, for whom the sound of live music is the ultimate reference, the Sony SCD-XA777ES is the only choice.
- plays multichannel SACDs, stereo SACDs, CDs, audio CD-Rs, and audio CD-RWs
- New Direct Stream Digital (DSD) encoding eliminates the distortions of decimation and interpolation filters
- Dual Discrete Optical Block with one laser optimized for Super Audio CD, another dedicated to CD
- Twin Fixed Pickup Laser Tracking Assembly
- Accurate Complementary Pulse Density Modulation (ACP) System for SACD playback
- S-Tact Synchronous Time Accuracy Controller reduces clock noise, minimizes jitter
- General Impedance Circuit (GIC) Analog Filter
- Super-rigid Base and Pillar (BP) construction
- 24-Bit Variable Coefficient Digital Filter for CD playback
- Text Display for compatible CDs and SACDs
- 6 Super Audio D/A converters
- Tri-Powered DAC system
- Aluminum Front Panel
- Anti-Resonant Top Plate
- Optical Digital Output
- SACD Frequency range: 2 -- 100,000 Hz
- COMPACT DISC Frequency response: 2 -- 20,000 Hz
- Dynamic range: More than 108 dB
- Total harmonic distortion: Less than 0.0017%
- Wow & flutter: Beneath measurable level (+/-0.001% weighted peak)