The AVALON ACOUSTICS MIXING MONITOR was designed by Neil Patel in cooperation with several of the most accomplished recording engineers currently working in the recording industry. Over the years, some of the world’s finest recordings have been created using AVALON ACOUSTICS transducers. Although not designed with the recording professional in mind, AVALON ACOUSTICS high-end products have already brought impressive results into the studio. Special demands, such as robustness, nearfield monitoring focus, extremely high resolution, low noise floor, etc., have prompted us to produce a reference transducer specifically conceived for the astute audio professional.
In spite of the fact that the tonal balance, phase coherence, and impulse response of all traditional AVALON ACOUSTICS loudspeakers is impeccable, a transducer intended for professional use as a tool had to surpass these qualities. Soundstaging in the monitoring phase of recording must precisely match the actual placement of microphones and instruments. Phase cancellations between microphones must be clearly heard; a half-inch change in mike position must be easily hearable through the monitoring system. They must, above sounding very good, be ultimately revealing towards flaws in the rest of the recording chain. This is evident not only in issues of misplacement of microphones or instruments, but even things such as broken cables or other related disturbances. This means a speaker that is correct in all possible audio disciplines which is easily transported. The recording engineer and record producer are integral elements in creating the mood and dynamic of a recording. We believe that only by providing those artists with the proper tools, will their contribution to a project be fully realized.
What we offer you now is a product that has all of those qualities…
- Advanced light weight driver diaphragm materials minimize energy storage and time domain distortion
- Each driver individually tested and matched for optimum performance.
- Smooth, wide polar response for superlative imaging capabilities.
- Moderate impedance characteristic allows for ideal interface with any amplifier.
- Crossover circuitry is hard wired with surface only conductors, eliminating deleterious sonic effects of printed circuit boards.
- Oversize screw terminals.
- Careful crossover control of all magnetic field interaction.
- Constrained mode damping system absorbs cabinet vibrations.
- Three inch thick front panel supplies acoustically inert wave launch platform.
- Acoustically engineered grille assembly decreases edge diffraction effects.
- Distinctive faceted cabinet design provides optimal polar characteristics.