The Kisto System Controller forms the heart of a high-performance home entertainment system.
Kisto is Linn's finest System Controller with advanced circuitry developed from that used in Linn's flagship stereo pre-amplifiers meaning performance is assured.
The intelligent Kisto System Controller will simplify even the most complex systems, integrating all audio and video sources with screens, projection, lighting and automation. Kisto can be programmed to switch on your projector, drop the screen, dim the lights, start the movie and even turn on the popcorn maker, all from the touch of one button.
With the Kisto System Controller at the heart of your home entertainment system, controlling your system is simple. Partner Kisto with Linn's latest Kinik control interface and you can operate your system wirelessly from your Pocket PC. The simplicity of this rich graphical touchscreen interface helps you to access and control your audio and video sources from the comfort of your armchair.
Kisto gives outstanding audio performance from stereo or surround-sound music, making the most of your CD collection and bringing you the benefit of improved sound quality from high-resolution formats such as Super Audio CD or DVD-Audio.
Supporting stereo, 5.1 and 7.1 processing, Kinos is also the perfect solution for the finest home-theatre systems. It precisely decodes and processes a comprehensive range of surround-sound formats, including Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Pro Logic II, AAC Surround, MPEG Surround, DTS Surround, DTS 96/24, DTS CD, DTS ES Matrix and Discrete and DTS Neo:6.
Kisto supports both PAL and NTSC and Composite, Component (YPbPr), RGB and S-Video.
When Kisto is used with Linn's Unidisk multi-format disc players, an RS232 link can be used to enable automatic pre-selection of the most appropriate decoding algorithm or analogue channels, determined by the disk type being played.
Kisto features balanced audio inputs and outputs for the optimum connection to the rest of your system. Using balanced audio connectors and cables in your system helps to remove unwanted current and noise, keeping the signal clean and giving the highest possible sound quality.
Concealed beneath a door on the front of Kisto is a range of inputs to allow you to quickly connect infrequently used sources such as a video camera to view content through your system.
Kisto also benefits from 'silent power' delivered by a Linn Switch Mode Power Supply. Where conventional power supplies operate through the standard audio bandwidth, Linn high-frequency Switch Mode Power Supplies instead convert power at frequencies well outside the audio bandwidth ensuring the audio signal is unaffected by this conversion and all you hear is the music.
Like all Linn pre-amplifiers, Kisto incorporates features Knekt technology which means you can also enjoy music throughout your home as part of a Linn Knekt multi-room system.
For the most involving music and movie experience in your home, Kisto is the perfect partner for Linn's Unidisk 1.1 multi-format disc player and integrated Aktiv Klimax loudspeaker system. Kisto is available in a choice of silver and black finishes.
- Date of Introduction
- Audio video pre-amplifier and system controller
- Quality analogue and digital audio preamplifier,
- surround sound decoding,
- digital and analogue audio conversion
- and video switching
- Digital Audio Inputs
- 6 x TOSLINK™ inputs
- 6 x SPDIF phono socket inputs
- 1 x TOSLINK™ input (front panel)
- Analogue Audio Inputs
- 1 pair XLR balanced audio input
- KNEKT interface input
- 10 pairs of phono socket inputs (configurable as surround groups)
- 1 pair of phono socket input (front panel)
- Analogue Video Inputs
- 12 x composite / 4 x component configurable phono socket inputs
- 6 x S-video mini-DIN socket inputs
- 1 x component (plus horizontal & vertical sync) BNC input
- 2 x Scart input / output sockets
- 1 x composite phono socket input (front panel)
- 1 x S-video mini-DIN socket input (front panel)
- Analogue Video Outputs
- 3 x composite / 1 x component configurable phono socket watch outputs
- 3 x composite / 1 x component configurable phono socket record outputs
- 1 x S-video mini-DIN socket watch output
- 1 x S-video mini-DIN socket record output
- 1 x component (plus horizontal & vertical sync) BNC output
- Digital Audio Outputs
- 2 x TOSLINK™ record outputs (44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 kHz sample rate)
- 1 x TOSLINK™ record output (front panel) (44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 kHz sample rate)
- 2 x SPDIF phono socket record outputs (44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 kHz sample rate)
- Analogue Audio Outputs
- 7.1 phono socket outputs
- 7.1 XLR balanced audio outputs
- 1 pair of phono socket record output
- 1 pair of phono socket record / 2 x SUB output (configurable)
- 1 x 1/4" stereo headphone socket (front panel)
- Front Panel Interfaces
- 1 x TOSLINK™ input
- 1 x TOSLINK™ record output
- 1 pair of analogue phono socket input
- 1 x composite phono socket input
- 1 x S-video mini-DIN socket input
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard interface
- 1 x 1/4" stereo headphone socket
- Audio Decoding
- PCM input 96 kHz up sample compatible
- Dolby Digital EX
- Dolby Pro-Logic II
- DTS 96:24 ES
- AAC and Dolby Headphone
- LIMBIK Party mode
- 5.1 & 7.1 downmix
- Adjustable lip sync delay
- Video OSG Formats
- Automatic PAL and NTSC signal detection
- Automatic progressive scan detection
- User Interface
- Menu driven OSG
- Full colour OSG
- Down/up-loadable configurations via RS232 terminal
- Internal help screens