The wireless extender is a compact unit with four individually addressable IR outputs. It works straight out of the box, simplifying the integration of Pronto into a home network. Up to 16 extenders can be incorporated in one system.
True multiroom control
- Wired networked control via standard CAT5 cable
- Advanced connectivity: addressable IR ports
- Wired and/or wireless networked control
- Unique Pronto protocol guarantees best-in-class control
- Smart feedback provides immediate system information
- Emits IR codes up to 1MHz
Quick and easy set-up
- Out-of-the-box stand-alone mode enables instant use
- Compact table-top housing
- Smart feedback indicators for easy troubleshooting
Addressable IR ports
Addressable IR ports enable control of the same type of devices in a rack independently (by the same extender). Typically this is the case with multiple set-top boxes to distribute content throughout the house. Every device is asigned its own dedicated IR port. As a result the device will only receive the IR codes that are intended for this device and not for any other. Without addressable IR codes, every device will always receive all sent-out IR codes.
Wired and/or wireless control
Depending on the situation the extender can be used wired via ethernet for maximum reliability or wirelessly using WiFi for a flexible installation.
The Pronto system uses standard WiFi for wireless control but has added an additional smart protocol to guarantee a reliable and timely execution of IR codes and macros.
The smart 2-way Pronto protocol regulates the commands that are sent from the Pronto control panel to the extenders. Each extender will acknowledge the execution and the user will be informed in case a command cannot be executed.
IR code range
The powerful IR-circuit is capable of transmitting virtually any IR code. Where many remote control systems are limited to 125 kHz, the Pronto extenders can send IR-frequencies to up to 1 MHz.
Colored LED's provide information about the system, such as ethernet or WiFi connections, busy status or execution of an IR, RS232 or relais command. Errors are also displayed, helping the user to do troubleshooting if necessary.
- Built-in wireless technology: 802.11g
- Encryption / security: WEP 128 bit, WEP 64 bit
- IR emitter connectors: 4
- Network mode: DHCP, Fixed IP
- Dual IR emitter wires: 2
- Mini-jack IR cable: 2
- Master carton quantity: 2
- Master carton weight: 2.370 kg
- Temperature range (operation): 0 to 50 degrees
- Configuration via webserver
- System Specifications
- CPU: Freescale 32bit RISC
- CPU speed: 266 Mhz
- Infrared Capabilities
- Addressable IR output: Ajustable IR output level
- RF Capabilities
- Addresses (ID's): 16
- Frequencey (GHz): 2.4
- WiFi based